The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost badge counts after iOS 5 update [A: caused by update; re-enable in Settings.app] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since I updated my iPhone to ios5 the badge cound has stopped showing on the Omnifocus icon. I've checked all the settings, reinstalled Omnifocus, updated it and nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this problem?

Have you checked the settings in the notification center in the settings app? It seems the new notification stuff Apple baked into the OS doesn't get used by default with OmniFocus.

The iOS 5 update appears to sometimes turn app icon badges off - which apps this happens to seems to be somewhat random. We're seeing other developers report the same issue with their apps; hopefully it'll get fixed in a future iOS update.

The fix jjlucsy recommends should take care of it, though. Just open Settings on your phone, tap into Notifications, then make sure OmniFocus' "Badge Count" setting is set to "On". (Ditto for any other apps affected by this.)

Did that - it works. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
Have you checked the settings in the notification center in the settings app? It seems the new notification stuff Apple baked into the OS doesn't get used by default with OmniFocus.

Thanks a lot, I forgot about the new notification center. Of course it was not even turned on for notification

Jim