The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mac App Store Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Today Apple launched the Mac App Store. I had to see and check: all Omni's apps were there. Great job! But alas: they are displayed as "buy" although I have them installed already. My FTP app Transmit was shown as "installed". Strange.

yep. Same here.
Pages/Numbers/Keynote are displayed as installed after today's updtate.
Is there an update for Omni products coming that will synchronize this?

In addition to the iWork applications, BBEdit, Yojimbo and Textwrangler all show up as installed while OmniFocus, OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner Pro do not. I'm pretty sure all my Omni Group applications are current.

In the case of non-Apple applications, they are all installed in a folder called More, not in the normal Applications folder.

What I am actually missing is the option in the Mac App store to manually correct the settings.

Folks may find this blog post from Ken helpful.

In a nutshell, the Mac App Store will sometimes detect that applications it sells are installed, but that doesn't mean they get handled the same as ones purchased through the store.

For example: the 'installed but not purchased' applications will not be auto-updated, and if the version number changes on either side, the "installed" button reverts to a "buy" button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Folks may find this blog post from Ken helpful.

In a nutshell, the Mac App Store will sometimes detect that applications it sells are installed, but that doesn't mean they get handled the same as ones purchased through the store.

For example: the 'installed but not purchased' applications will not be auto-updated, and if the version number changes on either side, the "installed" button reverts to a "buy" button.
Wonder if this won't change in near future..