The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Way to make a daily task only on weekdays? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get homework for my math class daily... But OmniFocus has no way that I know of to set an assignment to occur every weekday but to not start giving me dues/overdues for math on the weekend when I had no assignment....

It would be a great help if someone could either help me uncover a feature or give me some kind of solution. I have it repeating every day from the assignment, making it daily.

There are a couple of approaches you could use. First, use Help->Send Feedback to send some feedback to the Omni developers that you want the ability to have repeats with some knowledge of the calendar (only M-F, only the 1st Monday of the month, etc.) While you are at it, you might also ask for the ability to have a repeating action that stops after some number of repeats, or on some date.

While you wait for that to be delivered, you could continue with your daily repeat, but Saturday morning, use the Defer script posted on the forums to bump Saturday's repeat to Monday.

Another approach is to set up more than one repeating item, repeating on a weekly basis instead of daily. Instead of having one "do math problem set" action repeating every day (and needing to be deferred over the weekend), you would have 5 "do math problem set" actions, each with a start date a day after the previous one, repeating weekly. No futzing around on the weekends required, but a little more effort to set up.

Thank you very much.

I'm actually satisfied with the task for each day option, because we get our week's assignments given to us ahead of time, so this way I could go ahead and mark the next day's homework done if I decide to do it early.