The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reveal Script (switch alternative) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think this is actually an OF bug. Typically "document window 1" or "front document window" would get the frontmost window. It doesn't in OF. The original code in the reveal script used to work around this bug, but doesn't seem to anymore.

(Sent as feedback.)

Curt

Is anyone else getting a "you have not selected an action" error though you have?

Darn! This had become a applescript that I used throughout the day.

I'm getting this message:

AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Unable to locate the object to select.

Again, Omni, please hardwire this applescript.

thanks for putting this together. that being said, i haven't been able to get it to work; i'm getting an applescript error even after applying curt's patch from above:

Quote:
AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Unable to locate the object to select.
looks like it's having issues selecting the containing project of the selectedItem

Build: 95177

Hi All,

Sorry for the silence, I haven't looked at the board for a week or two.

I'm still using reveal 1.4 (the one I uploaded) today, on revision 95390 of OF, and I'm not seeing any of the problems listed above.

Are people still having problems with Reveal? If you can provide detailed instructions that can replicate the problem in my OF, then I will provide a fix.

-Alex

I just now updated my OF and it looks like the script is working again.

I've uploaded a new version with curt clifton's fix, which is think should fix both of the error messages above. That is version 1.4.2. It has problems if you have multiple windows open.

Version 1.4.3 is exactly like the original version that some people reported problems with for a few revisions of omnifocus. If it works for you (it works for me), it will get actions from the frontmost window.

Last edited by Alex Brown; 2007-11-30 at 08:13 AM..

Note that OF have provided 1/2 of the functionality of reveal now, as noted in their release notes:

* Hooked up double-click on projects & tasks in the content area so that you'll get a new window focused on the project. Fixed up the window creation to not show the window in an unfocused state and to select the focused projects.

This still has some problems in that it inherits the view mode and filters from the most recently closed window, which is a bit random. I have high hopes, however.

Today in revision 95742, the reveal script stopped working. I get the message: "you have selected something that isn't an action."

Does anyone else get this?

"Show in Planning mode" works, but I like how the reveal script opens the planning view in a new window.

have you downloaded the current reveal version 1.4.4 from the top post in this thread? Omnifocus recently fixed a longstanding mistake in the scripting interface which identified all actions as inbox tasks, and since the reveal script used the old terminology, it broke. 1.4.4 should fix that; if not, let me know.

Last edited by Alex Brown; 2007-12-07 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: clarification