The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Public Calendar integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to integrate a public calendar (in .ics-format) into the scheduling? Taking the xmas holidays for example or country-specific holidays, i would love to integrate them into a project plan automatically (via subscribing to any calendar, possibly my own iCal data).
More specific: My normal working hours are between 8.00 am to 12:30 pm and 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm - except for school holidays when the kids are at home and working is only possible in the evening. I can change that easily in iCal and update that for the family planning but I have to re-enter the data in OmniPlan. Syncing those dates would be a big convenience - at least for me.

In the 'Configure Publishing & Subscriptions' you can subscribe to vacation events from a web calendar. Or subscribe to free/busy times from a calendar server.

Can I use my own calendar I publish on MobileMe ("job" for example)? It does not show up even when I add MobileMe as a server. Or do I have to add the MobileMe address as an iCal-server?

Hi, tbo! There is currently an issue preventing "Get free/busy times from Calendar" from working with MobileMe. This would have allowed you to subscribe to your private calendar and mark your busy time as "off hours" in OmniPlan.

Since you are able to use a public calendar, you might try using the "Subscribe to Web Calendar" action. Once you have added this action in "Configure Publishing & Subscriptions", you can enter the URL to your public calendar.

To find this URL for your public MobileMe calendar, go to me.com/calendar and click on the calendar sharing icon in the left column. The URL that appears is what you need to paste into OmniPlan. You can then specify which resource should be updated with that schedule.

Right now, it appears that only "All Day" calendar events are being turned into off hours in this scenario. I will pass this on to our engineers.

Joel R

Both these bugs ought to be fixed in sneakypeeks from today onwards. You ought to be able to use the CalDAV actions with MobileMe, and calendar events with specific times from MobileMe calendars ought to work correctly.

Thanks Greg and Joel, great help!

To get my calendar from MobileMe, I choose "Configure Publishing and Subscriptions", then add "Get free/busy times from calendar", choose MobileMe as server account and activate my name in the resource panel, right?
As account, I have set up my MobileMe account just by adding name and password.
But when I click the "Get free/busy times from calendar" and choose my MobileMe account I expect some sort of selection which calendar to use for the resource.
Oh- it does not work, although the account is correctly identified, I do not have the path to the specific calendar (a private one on the new MM calendar). Whatever address I enter in the "path" field return some sort of 409 or 402 server error.

Last edited by tbo; 2010-12-19 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Additional information

Hi Greg!
Although the Release Notes from December state that the issue with MobileMe Syncing has been solved, I still cannot sync. I set up a new plan, enter my MM user name and password, tell OP which resource to sync and all I get is an error message. OP does not ask me for the calendar name nor does the MM setup allow any choice of calendars.
-> When I try to enter the URL to the calendar, MobileMe does not show it. How do you get the URL to the specific calendar?

Last edited by tbo; 2011-01-06 at 04:13 AM..

Hi Greg, could you please post a short description on how to set up a specific calendar from MobileMe in OP? With Apple me.com-calendars, the URL ist not shown.

To pull in a specific calendar right now requires that you turn on sharing in MobileMe. Go into me.com with a web browser, to the calendar app, and then click on the little circular radio waves icon next to the calendar. Choose 'Public Calendar' and press the 'Share' button.

The popup window will then say 'Your calendar is now available at:' a webcal URL. You can copy and paste that URL into OmniPlan's 'vacation events from web calendar' action settings.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Greg!
Sadly, I get the following reply from OP when I update

Last edited by tbo; 2011-01-10 at 01:22 PM..