The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

End user enhancements Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to start enhancing the functionality of OF. Areas that I am interested in working on are: Integration with Omni Plan, and Integration with proprietary project systems. The idea is that I want to have tasks get added to users inbox from other systems.

Picture, project manager adds task to project plan in omni plan, runs script in omni plan that export resource task assignments to a format that can then be scanned by omnifocus looking for tasks that are assigned to a user and just dropping them into the inbox.

Same type of thing for other project systems. I wanted to work on the applescript side of simply adding a task to OF from a text file. Is there any method of discovering the "applescript methods" allowed against OF, I am a neophyte applescript person, but think I can handle it, just looking for pointers.

Richard

Curt Clifton on these forums has a couple of Applescripts that integrate OF with OmniOutliner here. Might be worth you checking those out as a starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashwell View Post
I want to start enhancing the functionality of OF. Areas that I am interested in working on are: Integration with Omni Plan
Perhaps you would be interested to know, if you don't already, that the OmniGurus are "planning integration" between the OmniPlan and OmniFocus. Here is what Ken Case said:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...6&postcount=29

"We're planning integration between the two apps, yes. This will probably be pretty basic for 1.0 (copy and paste?), but we have more ambitious goals for 2.0 (so you can distribute actions to team members who are using OmniFocus, and receive their status updates back in OmniPlan)."

There is a separate forum dedicated to extras, mostly applescript, located at:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

I personally have written several scripts that import from Entourage emails, tasks, and notes, and as mentioned above, Curt has Mail covered.

Download those scripts and tweak as needed to suit your requirements.

Mine are at:
http://www.sandro.org/omnifocus/index.php

Enjoy

in addition to what everyone pointed out, you can open the actionscript dictionary in Script Editor, and browse around in there. (shift-command-o, I believe.)

Also, I copied a lot of the stuff for my LifeBalance importer from the Quicksilver script.