The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

problem with new SL idisk sync feature? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was excited to see in mobileme preferences that you can now choose to "always keep the most recent version of a file" in snow leopard. This seems to resolve the annoying problem of duplicates being created each time you save a new version of an idisk file. However, since selecting this option, I am unable to sync new versions of omnifocus from my iphone.

I don't suppose there is any way to have it both ways?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-08-29 at 1.56.46 PM.png
Views:	770
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1048  

I can't get omnifocus to sync now. I've unchecked the option to always keep the most recent version of files in mobileme preferences. What does this error message mean? (see attached)

Sorry for the confusion here. OmniFocus uses your iDisk for storage, but we have our own synchronization code. Apple's code isn't going to be able to update the database in a way that OmniFocus is going to be able to understand.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum (I moved your posts to the iDisk syncing forum) for the steps you can use to restore your sync and prevent this from happening again.