The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CSS Editing & Viewing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One feature I LOVE about FF is Firebug which is a must have for any site developer. This is one tool I would LOVE to have incorporated into OW.

What most people don't know is were half way there with OW! How you ask?

Right now you can view and edit the HTML source with the built-in editor. It allows you to mess with the HTML and send it back to OW for re-displaying. .

If OW were to do the same thing for CSS, WOW! I could just about abandon FF except for compatibility testing.

The combination of the new Webkit inspect tool, OW HTML editor with the ability to edit then resend CSS would pretty much cover the bases for 90% of the web work

Thoughts?

I agree. As a first step, I'd like to see the HTML editor un-broken.

Whats broken about it. It worked fine for me the other day...

Refetching the source.

i like to see the editable source feature combined with any css-editing feature, like Firebug.

The ability to inspect and element, then click on parameters to edit their values or turn them off is essential in web development.

We've mentioned this elsewhere, but one way for OW6 to sell more copies is to offer a Pro version with the web development tools. Like Firebug or Xylescope