The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

extra plus button? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On the start screen there is a button to add a new inbox item but the plus sign is not active. Something planned for this? It might be handy to use it to start adding whatever one needs to add just after starting the program instead of having to navigate to either projects or contexts first. Then again, it would be nice to use it to add a smart list for the start screen.

The plus button is only active if you are in the Inbox or the Contexts or Projects folder. It is used to add new projects, folders, and yes, new actions.

It is grayed out in the home screen as well as the Due Soon, Overdue and Flagged views because it doesn't apply in those views.

Frankly, I find the easiest and fastest way to add a new action from the home screen of OmniFocus is to hit the Inbox icon at the bottom and type in the action. Usually, I don't even worry about putting it into a context or project until later in the day when I'm clearing out my inboxes. The goal is to get it out of my head and into my trusted system.