The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clippings doesn't work. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The clipping feature doesn't work for me, for example in Safari I highlight some text then use the shortcut or use the menu in services it freezes safari for about 1 minute and then produces this error:

The “OmniFocus: Send to Inbox” service could not be used because the “OmniFocus” application did not respond to a request for services.

Anyone know why?

Is OmniFocus already running? If it's not running, and you have old versions of OmniFocus on the machine (pretty likely if you started using it back during the betas), it's possible the system is picking the wrong version of Focus to send the data to and it's getting messed up. (I just tried it and that's what happened for me.) You may need to delete those older versions of OmniFocus.app to get the OS to stop being stupid.

If OmniFocus is already running when you try to use the service, I'm not sure what's going on -- your best bet is probably to email our support ninjas (omnifocus@omnigroup.com).

Nearly three years later, and it's still not working! Impressive.

Countless OmniFocus users use it. If you are having a problem getting it to work, contact Omni support and they'll help you get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
Nearly three years later, and it's still not working! Impressive.
Really.... That's odd. I've been using OmniFocus for about two and a half years now and have never had clipping "not" working. No, wait a minute, I need to take that back.. There was a period of about 2 months that I decided to use Outlook instead of Mac Mail and clipping did not work with that, but there is a script that you can use that does exactly the same thing so I never lost the functionality. But to state it correctly - OmniFocus Clipping Service did not work in Outlook. But then, I don't think Omni ever said that it would.

I started to use PostBox for email on my Mac about a month ago, and it has the "send to OmniFocus inbox" service built into it.