The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Subscribe to RSS Sends to NNW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another vote. The lack of this feature is a little unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNik
This can be done pretty easily via Applescript. PM me if you want a script to handle it.
What exactly do you mean?

Add another vote - I live in NNW, and it would be the ideal solution.

I had come to the forum with the intention of making just this feature request. Nice to see I'm not the only one thinking this way. :)

I would very much like a Preferences setting to allow me to set an external RSS reader as the default for all subscriptions.

++

Really, this has to be 10 lines of code, tops. Just use LaunchServices to pass the feed off to the system default RSS reader.

I need this feature too! :)

This is definitely required.

Would be great! How about adding something similar for adding poscasts to iTunes? Here's a hint taken from today's OSX Hints about how the process works in Safari:

Quote:
While many podcasts can be found in the Podcast Directory of the iTunes Music Store, some, for whatever reason, may not have a presence there, or there may be other versions of a podcast that you may wish to have in iTunes. iTunes has a convention to deal with this, in the form of the 'Subscribe to Podcast...' option under the Advanced menu item of iTunes. This allows the users to provide a URL for an XML file to subscribe to.

While this works, it's often tedious to find the URL of the feed, copy it, and then paste into the box. Of course, Safari has a more convenient way to do this -- the built-in RSS reader. The RSS reader, found in Safari 2 and higher, provides a small link on the right-hand side of the page under Actions called 'Subscribe in iTunes.' Click it, and the feed appears in iTunes as if you had hit the subscribe button

This is the only real annoyance I have using OW, and it's a real pain. Please add this service.

Here's a script to handle subscribing in NNW from OmniWeb. It will only work on pages which have an RSS feed referenced in the page header (i.e. it won't work on an RSS link), but it does the job for 80% of the sites out there.

Subscribe to Current OmniWeb Page in NetNewsWire