The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BUG: extremely slow sync time to iDisk Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I turned on the XMLFileManagerDebug debugger and have some console logs. At this point, I am dead in the water. Neither app will sync without completely deleting the file from idisk each time. After the initial sync, it just hangs. I can't use this at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinnola View Post
I turned on the XMLFileManagerDebug debugger and have some console logs. At this point, I am dead in the water. Neither app will sync without completely deleting the file from idisk each time. After the initial sync, it just hangs. I can't use this at this point.
Could you please send those console logs to omnifocus@omnigroup.com with "Bug 48353" in the subject line?

Hi,
Can you give me a little clarification here?

I following the instructions in the link (no problems doing that) but after I resyc'd again, I returned to the directory and saw new, additional files again. I'm I understanding correctly that under normal operation there should be only ONE sync file for each device - or is it normal to continue to see new ones added?

Thanks!
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Here's a few starting points:

Use these steps to make sure your database isn't unnecessarily large: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...8&postcount=17

Also make sure you've grabbed the latest build. (Check for Updates in the File menu.)

Check for error messages in the Console.

I am also experiencing the endless syncs to MobileMe. I'm running version 1.1 sneakypeak (v77.7.0.103239). When I launch OmniFocus desktop, the sync icon spins and spins but no progress is made. I can't stop the sync or quit without force quitting. Is there a way to stop the sync more gracefully?

It will only sync if I create a new sync and then it only works the first time.

My iPhone also tries to sync unsuccessfully using the OmniFocus application.

Should I send in my log files?

Thank you,

Syl

mctheriot: The way .client files work has changed a bit in recent updates. You will sometimes get a few extra, but it should level out around 2 or 3 per device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
I am also experiencing the endless syncs to MobileMe. I'm running version 1.1 sneakypeak (v77.7.0.103239). When I launch OmniFocus desktop, the sync icon spins and spins but no progress is made. I can't stop the sync or quit without force quitting. Is there a way to stop the sync more gracefully?

It will only sync if I create a new sync and then it only works the first time.

My iPhone also tries to sync unsuccessfully using the OmniFocus application.

Should I send in my log files?

Thank you,

Syl
Yes please, send in log files!
Also, if you could take a sample in Activity Monitor while OmniFocus is spinning away on a sync, that could be useful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Yes please, send in log files!
Also, if you could take a sample in Activity Monitor while OmniFocus is spinning away on a sync, that could be useful too.
Thanks. I just sent in a log file and a sample process with Bug 48353 in the subject line.

Syl: got it, thanks!

I'm having the same syncing problems. If I reset the sync setup it will often sync very quickly the first time, and then fail to sync on subsequent attempts. The iphone is iffy as well. Very often I've had to delete the app and re-load it to get it working again.

I also notice that when the desktop app is trying to sync, CPU usage goes up so much that the fans on my macbook start spinning full-bore. Could the problem be with .me? It's a grat app, I'll be thankful when these bugs get worked out.

Ok. I feel a little better. Thought it was just me.

I sent in my console logs from today (I thought I had hosed my database and was about to post asking for help.)

FYI for the Omni guys. My log number for my stuff including console logs and a Sample from the process is: 317384

Thanks for all the hard work Omni folks. I really appreciate it.