The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please change the Favicon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

It looks like the forum use the default vBulletin Favicon.
It'd be nice to have an OmniFavicon instead :-)

Corentin

heh, I was going to keep my complaint to just getting rid of the stock vB skin ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
heh, I was going to keep my complaint to just getting rid of the stock vB skin ;)

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the default vB theme either, but that has already been mentioned. Additionally, I thought that the Favicon should be easy enough to change...

Corentin

I'm pretty sure I changed the favicon a week or so ago, and I seem to get the right thing when I load forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico. Perhaps you've got an old cached favicon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
I'm pretty sure I changed the favicon a week or so ago, and I seem to get the right thing when I load forums.omnigroup.com/favicon.ico. Perhaps you've got an old cached favicon?

I just trashe my entire cache and the old favicon is gone, but the new one doesn't show up in OW either :(

Interestingly the new Favicon shows up in Safari...
In any case, the forum is fine, it's definitively a browser issue :confused:

Corentin

I flushed cache as well, the old icon is gone but the new icon doesn't appear (though I can see it when I click on the link.)

I've found it very hard to exorcise Webkit's cache of a favicon. Even resetting Safari wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the default vB theme either, but that has already been mentioned. Additionally, I thought that the Favicon should be easy enough to change...

Corentin
Sheesh, vB is cheap and omni has better things to do than muck around with the forums, which are a FREE service to it's customers. I'd personally like to have them keep coding that waste time catering to such menial requests. :mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM
I've found it very hard to exorcise Webkit's cache of a favicon. Even resetting Safari wouldn't do it.

Well in this case, exorcising the Favicons was easy: all I had to do was to clear the Cache in OmniWeb. It's just that OW refuses to load the new ones now :eek:

Actually, for Safari, I use TinkerTool System: It has an option to clean-up "Site icons". This tends to make me beliee that Safari has a different storage for regular cache and Favicons.

Corentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooshdave
Sheesh, vB is cheap and omni has better things to do than muck around with the forums, which are a FREE service to it's customers. I'd personally like to have them keep coding that waste time catering to such menial requests. :mad:
They have already said they want to change the theme. I saw no request for a new theme before someone from the OG suggested it. Additionally, suggestions have been provided that are easy and free.