The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions about Heavy Metal FAKK2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I saw that Omni has ported this game to macos X, so I took it from my old box of OS 9 cds.
But it doesn't work :(
Is it OS X 10.4.8 compatible?
and I can't launch it because it cannot find the 'levels'. In the read me file it is written: "install the OS 9 version of the game" but but but... if I want an OS X port is precisely because I can't launch OS 9 softwares.. So I copied the install datas folder, but it doesn't seem to be the right one.
Has someone been able to make it run, and how?
Thanks!!
Pierre

Hi charlie105,

The specs says it's compatible with only 10.0 only, but I would like to find out myself what changes the end users can possibly edit into the files to get it running on 10.2, .3, and .4.

Can you boot or "classic" into 9 at all, or do you have one of the newer Macs that are totally incompatible with 9 (if you do, I'm jealous!) ?

Edit: added info.

When I get it going under 10.4.8, it starts up great, I can set my preferences under Audio/Video/Advanced, and Controls.

I even get to watch the Entry movie, but when it goes to load the game, it quits on me with:

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Last edited by Mac1896; 2006-11-03 at 05:06 PM..