The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Window Position Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
Not a huge problem here, more of a niggle , but after a while it's the little things that get you.

Each time I open OW the window is to the far left of my screen and I have to drag it to the centre. Well I don't REALLY HAVE TO but this is a neatness thing.

I have tried "save window size " but this does not do the trick.

Apologies if this is a really dumb query but any help would be appreciated.

I seem to remember that if you drag the window to your preferred position and then take a snapshot, it will then open where you want it to.

Brilliant.

That did the trick, made my day a little better.
Thanks very much Derek, really appreciate your reply.

Just have to try to sort out a new ISP now for my next task.

You can also use the "Save Window Size" option in the Window menu. In addition to saving the default window size, it will also save the default window location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
You can also use the "Save Window Size" option in the Window menu. In addition to saving the default window size, it will also save the default window location.
igsy did say he/she had tried this and it didn't work.

In fact, if you've already taken a snapshot, saving the default window size has no effect. You need to take another snapshot.

Bug?

Oops, you're right. Hmm the saved window setting should work but only if you have no other windows open. Otherwise the window will cascade from where the last window was opened. Could this be what you're experiencing?

Don't think so. I hate windows littering my desktop, so I inevitably work only in tabs.