The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project list: Active And Not Stalled Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Another "Is this just me?" desired feature:

As I described in another thread, in my weekly review I use Start Dates heavily to determine what lands in my task list. After I've gone through and set entire projects On Hold or set a future Start Date for projects that I know I won't touch this week, I go to a list of remaining available tasks and push many of those tasks into the future on a task-by-task basis, also using Start Dates. This causes many projects to be stalled, which is fine with me.

After I do that, I'd like to have a view of projects that shows me only projects with available tasks, hiding the stalled projects. I realize that I can make projects with no available tasks disappear by giving them a project-level Start date equal to the most recent task Start date, and that's what I'm doing, but I'd rather not have to. I'd instead prefer a view of "Active And Not Stalled" projects.

Is this in there somewhere? If not, again, is it just me or could someone else also use this? (I'm new enough at this that I hesitate to put in a formal feature request for what might end up being my Whim Of The Day.)

Gardener