The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Extremely high bitrate on audio notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I got all set up with webdav syncing and OF on the iPhone, it's great. I recorded a test audio note and synced it to my mac to see how it worked and HOLY BITRATE, BATMAN! It was around 768kbps! My 10 second clip was 750KB! Is this intentional? That's not usable over edge, and now my entire OF database seems to have been increased by ~250k zipped in my webdav store. :(

Thanks for pointing this out! I'm not sure how much control we have over recording formats but we'll look into it. (On the iPhone, we can't afford to burn a lot of CPU/battery on compressing audio, but maybe there's something we can do to reduce the sampling rate in the first place.)

There's got to be something you can do to reduce the bitrate, there's no way it's sending 768kb out for GSM conversations. :)

Is there a way to rename audio file notes?