The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tasks in Forecast view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just curious of how everyone shows tasks that are in process in the forecast view. For example, I have numerous tasks due today and some are in process such as waiting for call backs, creating presentation, etc.... When looking at the daily forecast, it would be nice to show options such as in process, delegated, etc... Currently, you have one option and that is to check complete. I'm sure some of you have a better way of doing this opposed to how I'm doing it now. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think the programmers ned to create subheadings in the view for us to make it readily visible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC View Post
I'm just curious of how everyone shows tasks that are in process in the forecast view. For example, I have numerous tasks due today and some are in process such as waiting for call backs, creating presentation, etc.... When looking at the daily forecast, it would be nice to show options such as in process, delegated, etc... Currently, you have one option and that is to check complete. I'm sure some of you have a better way of doing this opposed to how I'm doing it now. Thanks in advance for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC View Post
I'm sure some of you have a better way of doing this opposed to how I'm doing it now. Thanks in advance for the help.
I think the key is in the wording of the actions. Although I have a Waiting For Context most of my waiting for's still describe what I'm waiting for and what I should do if it becomes due. Its also worth while sometimes starting the task name with an abbreviation such as WF to show its a waiting for
"WF John to complete the Monthly Sales Report - Call John",
"WF Paul to call back regarding Project XYZ quotation - Chase up"

The more info you can put into the task naming the less confusing it becomes later. I think Merlin Mann said something like write the tasks as if your delegating them to someone else to do.. the more info the better.

I also add abbreviations to repeating tasks so I know I can close them without loosing them, as sometimes I used to see tasks and would be confused if it was a one off task or a repeat. So now I use $w $m $3w for weekly, monthly 3 weekly etc.