The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Capturing Web sites for later reading Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have always struggled with this and cant seem how to do it with OF. I find cool web sites all the time and have never really found an effective way to capture them. I like instapaper but I really think it would be cool to capture these in OF.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried the OmniFocus bookmarklet?

Just curious: do you mean clipping the URL and Title for later, or do you want it to 'run through' a service like Instapaper, clipping the whole article in an actions notes?

Or are you looking for something along the lines of Paparazzi, which will save web sites as PNG files?

http://derailer.org/paparazzi/

I've always found Instapaper to work well for me. I treat it as my read and review folder.

I've been emailing the url's to OF via <nam>+omnifocus@me.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleychambers View Post
I've always found Instapaper to work well for me. I treat it as my read and review folder.
I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJLove View Post
I couldn't agree more.
One more vote for Instapaper. On iPad, it's even more spectacular, and I find myself reading more stuff than before because of it. If it takes more than two minutes to read (magic number!), into Instapaper it goes.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16283

Check this out if you use Google Reader. It adds OmniFocus in Google Reader "Send to" list.
SL