The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Like the app so far. For the next release I'd love to see:
- ability to move projects into folders
- recurring actions

I've mentioned these elsewhere but...
  • Ability to assign 'anywhere' as a location to contexts, so that their actions always appear in 'Nearby'.
  • Ability to assign multiple locations to a context.

Action Groups (nested actions)

To add to the nested actions, have the ability to make the nested actions ether parallel or sequential independent of what the rest of the project is.

Also I would like to be able to add a folder within a project with actions that could be competed any time during a project.

The ability to associate a contact with an Action, such as Meet Carole for dinner will have Carole's contact information readily accessible.

Sometimes I enter an action, and then I realize later that there is more involved, and I want to convert it to a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Action Groups (nested actions)
On a related note, shouldn't nested actions be done via projects according to GTD? So you would have:

Project A
- Action 1
- Action 2
- Project B
--- Action 1
--- Action 2
- Action 3

That's how I've gotten around not having nested actions.

Please please please send feature requests via email if at all possible. Myself and the other support ninjas are very busy; we browse the forums as we're able, but right now, we don't have a lot of time for 'as we're able' tasks. ;-)

If you want to be sure that your feature request gets recorded in our development database, an email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjordao View Post
On a related note, shouldn't nested actions be done via projects according to GTD? So you would have:

Project A
- Action 1
- Action 2
- Project B
--- Action 1
--- Action 2
- Action 3

That's how I've gotten around not having nested actions.
I don't want to derail this thread, I asked the same question here. I believe "Action Groups" is the term used on the Mac version of the software