The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective with Due, Flagged, and No Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I have come back to OF, but I am struggling a bit with recipes for Perspectives (it is hardly intuitive).

Is there a recipe that will show all actions that are Due (or Due Soon), Flagged and have No Date -- all three? I see the "Due or Flagged" status filter, but I can't see a way to add tasks that have No Date to the view.

Thanks much.

Maybe you're looking for something that's just flagged only? Set the status filter to Flagged only. This should you any items that are flagged. Switch to Planning mode (Command-1). Then change Grouping filter to "Due" and Status filter to "Flagged".

Then you can collapse the subsections for "Due within the last...." (year, 3 months, month, week, etc.). At the end you can expand or show "No Due Date".

This should show all flagged items that have no due date.

Then you can select from the menu bar:

Perspectives > Save Window As... > New Perspective

Then you can optionally add it to your toolbar by control-clicking on the toolbar, Customize and then drag and drop your new perspective to the toolbar at the top of the window.

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I think that's the second step in what I am trying to do. Maybe I have the wrong workflow in mind, but here's what I am trying to develop Perspectives to support.

I come into the office in the morning. I click a Perspective called "Business Available," which is focused on my Business folder and then displays all of the tasks that I might possibly want to work on that day. I would go through that list and flag things I want to get done that day, and when I'm done with this little daily mini-review, I would switch to a second Perspective called "Business Flagged," which would be all tasks in my Business folder that are flagged, and that becomes my to do list for that day.

I just can't figure out how to set up the "Business Available" Perspective to show all of the tasks I might possibly want to consider for that day. I think there are two ways to define it:

Idea One: display:
* all Flagged
* all Due Soon
* all tasks with no Due Date

Idea Two: display
* all tasks, regardless of flag or due date, expect for any task that has a start date in the future

I think (but am not sure) that either gets me what I want, or maybe I'm missing something, either in terms of defining a Perspective or my workflow.

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks much.