The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving groups? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to be able to drag groups on the timeline to change start/end dates and have all sub-tasks move with the group.

I can't find a way to do this, have tried the usual combo-key+mouse-drag combinations. Am I missing something, or is this not possible?

If not possible,

(i) should it be?
(ii) what other methods are there for moving groups of tasks? We need to do this in order to use plan to schedule every project in our studio.

andy

You should be able to drag the start date of a group the same way as the start date of a task (grabbing the gray dot on the end and dragging left or right). Another option is to select the group and then edit the start date in the Task:Information inspector.

You cannot change the end date or duration of a group directly, because it is determined by the end date of the latest task inside of it.