The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Anyone get theirs yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
You don't request it ... when your turn comes (based on when you subscribed to the OF announcements mailing list), you'll get an e-mail with your download code. All you have to do is wait ...
I appreciate your help but I do know that I need to wait for the email. However you can check to see if you are subscribed to the list to receive an email when Omni are ready.

All I was trying to do was to check to see if I was on the list. The problem is that when I use the option to get the subscription list to send me my logon password - I hit the button but do not ever get an email response. Only Omni can tell me if I am properly subscribed to the list. Hope this is clearer.

Hi.

I registered this week (monday) and I donīt have patiente .....

Please please please, could you said me how many days (aprox.) i need to wait?

Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguai
I registered this week (monday) and I donīt have patiente .....

Please please please, could you said me how many days (aprox.) i need to wait?
Who knows? I'm beginning to think I am the only regular contributor on this forum who hasn't gotten his hands on the alpha/beta yet. It's... a bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
Who knows? I'm beginning to think I am the only regular contributor on this forum who hasn't gotten his hands on the alpha/beta yet. It's... a bummer!
I don't have mine yet either. But then I registered after the first video was posted, so I'm likely way down the list.

Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliee
The problem is that when I use the option to get the subscription list to send me my logon password - I hit the button but do not ever get an email response. Only Omni can tell me if I am properly subscribed to the list. Hope this is clearer.
Charliee - I do see your email address subscribed to the list. If the password reminder emails aren't reaching you, it's possible they're being blocked as spam by your mail client or by your isp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguai
Could you said me how many days (aprox.) i need to wait?
We'll eventually be including everyone that signed up for the mailing list in the beta, but it's hard to predict when we'll have everyone added to the list.

Right now, we're not using an "add X people per day until we hit the end of the list" procedure. We want to get as much feedback from you guys as possible, but we don't want to totally swamp our process. (We've made this mistake with some of our past project releases, so we're speaking from experience here.)

If there's more email coming in than the support ninjas can get into our bug tracking database, it doesn't help us improve the app. If there are more bugs going into our bug tracking database than the project manager and engineering team lead can do triage on, then that doesn't do anyone any good, either.

In the situations I described above, customers are more likely to be encountering and reporting problems that we already know about. Part of the reason we wouldn't have them fixed yet would be because we're triaging all those bugs that came in. The poor beta testers are finding stuff, but it's not the stuff we really need them to find.

I know it's hard to wait for your invite, but things are cranking along really well. We're getting good bugs, we're filing stuff, the coders are fixing stuff. We're adding folks as quickly as we can, but we don't know exactly when we'll have everyone invited.

If it helps, just think of all the releases we do before you get your invite as the "really buggy early betas". ;-)

I'm just curious. I registered on March 16th. What date are you up to?

I subscribed to the mailing list on May 1st, and received my alpha testing invitation yesterday, 12th June. I'm one happy dutchman.

I was upset this morning when their next batch of invites missed me by a few days but they did another mailing tonight and I got mine! Yay! Here I figured with WWDC that everything would be delayed for another week at least ...

Whew ! I'm in!

Thanx Omni, Ethan and Merlin!

My testing has begun!