The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keyboard shortcut: Edit a shape's text? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

Have moved to mac and omnigraffle from many years on pc as expert visio user - so far everything works pretty well and the transition hasn't been too bad!

My main workflow issue is working out how to edit the text in a shape (F2 on visio, excel, windows) - when building flowcharts I usually duplicate an existing shape with correct style then edit the text of the shape.

To edit the text of a shape I have to double click the shape (or triple click if there is multi-line text!)

The manual doesn't list a shortcut (just says to double-click) - does this key exist?

Thanks!

Last edited by metareason; 2010-12-14 at 12:02 AM..

The Return key or Enter works for this purpose.

Outstanding Joel, that is fabulous thanks! You've saved me about 300 clicks this afternoon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
The Return key or Enter works for this purpose.