The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Locked Dependencies Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In a new document when I create dependencies, all of the tasks move together as one unit. When I edit tasks that were previously not dependent, I can't get them to be locked together. How do I make tasks dependent (and locked together) if it is not the first thing I do?

I'm not sure I'm understanding, so if this isn't what you mean, please try again to describe your problem either here, or emailing omniplan@omnigroup.com .

If you change a task's start date manually, OmniPlan will try to honor that start date even when you make other changes (such as adding dependencies). In the task inspector, the Schedule field will change from "As early as constraints allow" to "On specified date". If you click the "Reset" button there, it will clear that specified start date, and the task will move to wherever the dependencies want to put it.

Thanks for helping out. Let me explain in a different way.

Say I have three tasks, all need to be done in order, one after the other. So I select all three tasks and click Connection. Sometimes when I then click and drag one task, all tasks move with it. Sometimes they do not. How do I control whether all three tasks stay connected and move as one unit?

Make sense?

David

Upon further consideration of what you suggested, that IS what I was looking for. That makes sense to me now! I don't know why it didn't before...

Thanks,
Wellerpond