The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble saving to local network Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm new to OmniPlan 1.1.2 and am seeing odd behavior trying to save to my local network. When I initially try to save the document, I get an error saying that "The document XXX could not be saved." but it actually is saved. When I make subsequent changes, I get the same error, my changes are saved, and I'm getting an additional file added to the directory that appends a ~ to the file name. I'm also interrupted by errors that the file could not be autosaved and I end up with a ~(Autosaved) file added to the directory.

Saving to my local machine is fine as is saving to my local network from other applications. I've run across this same issue with OmniGraffle and am wondering if others have seen this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Eric

Your network save location is probably a windows share. Windows shares don't generally handle file wrappers (such as OmniPlan and OmniGraffle typically save) very well. In the latest OmniGraffle, there's a checkbox on an inspector to make the file into a flat file instead of a file wrapper.

In OmniPlan, there is no such option. To get around this you could save locally, right-click it and choose "Compress" or "Create Archive" (10.5 or 10.4). Then take that zip file and put it up on your windows share.

Want to second request re Flat Files in Omni Plan

That addition to have flat files in Omni Plan would be quit valuable ...

We use subversion for everything, and the .svn file gets screwed up in Quicklook when updated ...

Flat feature in other Omni works great - very nice addition..

Zip does work - but pain - MAC wont erase old zip just adds (1) (2) to files name so have to go to folder ears old zip and compress etc..

Thanks John