The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Updating Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

So I've finally talked my boss into letting me introduce Project Management into our company. Of course I'm going with OP as I love the other OmniGroup products.

Question...I'm going to be the "owner" of everything. The rest of the team will not have the software. I know that I can export a variety of different formats (HTML Reports are my favorite). Is there a way that my team can update their task (percentage complete)? Or...do I have to get them on paper and manually enter them myself?

Thanks!

Chris

OmniPlan documents can't be edited via a browser, but you could accomplish this using the Publish & Subscribe features we added in OmniPlan 2, either by syncing the OmniPlan document to everyone and letting them edit it directly, or by exporting those task lists to a CalDAV server. The coworkers could use some other CalDAV client to mark the tasks off and get the task updates back to you that way. Either way, you have the option of accepting/rejecting changes as needed.

The "Publishing, Subscribing, and Change Tracking" topic in the Help menu material should get you started - feel free to ask more questions here or by contacting the Support Ninjas; we're happy to help!

Thanks Brian!