The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Wearing Different 'Hats" (Mutually-Exclusive Resource Schedules) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm an academic using OP to manage my different roles (for example, my role as a teacher and my role as a researcher). Using OP, I have split my role up into distinct resources: Teacher-Me (who works in the afternoons and evenings) and researcher-me (who works in the mornings and on weekends). I actually have more roles/resources than that, but I'm going to keep this simple.

I wonder if you could 1) let the user designate that two resources are actually the same person (and thus, cannot have overlapping schedules) and/or 2) allow the user to edit the schedules of two or more resources in a single calendar, so it will be simple to make sure that the schedules don't overlap.

Say, for example, I know that I'll have a lot of grading for the second week in November, which means for that week I'll have to edit my weekly resource schedules so I spend more time as a Teacher and less as a Researcher. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do that in one act. Right now, I have to first edit the Teacher resource and then edit the Researcher resource, to make sure there's no overlap. This gets complicated quickly (especially as I have more than two roles/resources).

I would think such a change would be useful to many in and outside of a university--anyone who is using OP to manage work and home life, for example.

Enjoying OP very much. Thanks!