The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

copy and paste with style Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi

i want to copy a task that has a styled added to it. when i paste it, the style is lost

is there a way to copy and paste with style attributes?

Hi Clayc,

Sorry you're having trouble. Can you give us a little more detail? When I copy one or more tasks and paste into the same document, a separate document, a text document or rich text email, style attributes I've tried (bold, Gantt bar color where applicable) are coming along.

-Tom

Hi tom

When i copy and paste a task that has a gantt bar colour style, the style doesnt paste. I just get the default blue colour for the pasted task. Using latest version of omniplan.

Am i doing something wrong? Just using cmd-c. Cmd-v

I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what _is_ wrong. I have just hit upon these steps which reproduce the problem:

1) create a new named style in the Project: Styles inspector
2) set the new style's task color to something hideous and the font to bold
3) assign the style to a task by dragging it or using a function key
4) copy and paste the task

Observe that the new task is neither bold nor hideous in color.

Contract this with creating a task and setting style attributes directly, without using a named style, by using the controls in the Project: Styles inspector while the task is selected. These style attributes are copied.

-Tom

Hi Tom

yes thats it. im using 'named' styles and they dont copy. is that a bug?

Yes, that's a bug. Sorry! I'll file that away in our system.