The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

5.7 and memory management Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
So, I'm still having issues with watching YouTube/Flash videos, but I have a Konfabulator widget that shows free memory which I use to monitor memory usage, and I've noticed something interesting.

During normal browsing, my Mac sits at about 2/3rds(in my case, round about 530MB ) free memory. Then OW crashes and I see that the free memory is down to about 1/3rd(usually down to 220MB ).

I can surf all day long sometimes, and it takes forever for the free memory to get that low. Or I can view some YouTube vids and the free memory drops like a rock. Also, if I leave OW to it's self, and go make dinner or something, and comeback, the memory has dropped way down, with no dynamic pages(other than Gmail ) in my tab set.

I can surf all day long with Safari, and never have that problem. Videos or not.

Any suggestions?

SC