The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

exporting omnigraffle with layers to a pc Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm designing a website / application being developed. I started using Omnigraffle which worked great. The problem was the programmers were on a PC and didn't like the fact that they couldn't just grab the individual elements / layers from my .png exported omnigraffle files as they can if I were to send them original illustrator/photoshop files (since it runs on a pc)

So I switched to fireworks and redid my designs there. They were happy that they could just grab the images from within the layers in illustrator or photoshop itself. But I'm not happy using fireworks - it's a far more frustrating process that stifles my creativity in UI design.

This brings me to my question.. Is there a way to design in OmniGraffle and export it to some program on the PC where the PC user can grab individual layers / images? I don't have a PC and have never used visio - so I'm wondering if I export it to visio - is it possible to open the file in a pc and grab / modify / export the individual elements using that program?

If not, can you think of a solution to my problem?

Did anyone come up with a solution to this? I have the same issue, and it is a very annoying problem. I can come up with no solution to do a layered export that is editable on PC....

You should be able to export to visio with OmniGraffle Pro...

You can get a trial license for OG Pro from the online store (if you don't have one) to test whether that will work well enough for you.