The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shadow, Grouping and Layers problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So here's the problem.

1. I want to have two objects overlapping. I want the shadow from the top object to shadow the lower object.

2. The diagram is of a very complex taxonomy tree. It is set to auto layout and branches tend to get re-arranged a lot. The objects on top are small badges or labels attached to the taxonomy item. They have to move with those items

3. So you group the badge with the item - no, the badge's shadow doesn't appear on the lower taxonomy shape.

4. So you move the badges to a separate higher layer. Now you can no longer group them with the shapes underneath.

Any answer to this condundrum?

And the quick answer is "I'm an idiot". The longer answer is - there is a switch in the shadow pallet that controls where the shadow falls.

I think you're being awfully hard on yourself. :-)