The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How can I make OmniFocus more responsive? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running Of 1.10.2 under Mac OS X 10.7.4 on a 2.8GHz iMac (four years old) that has 4-GB or RAM.

What steps can I take to make OF more responsive? When I'm editing actions or re-ordering actions using Ctrl + Cmd + arrow keys, OF acts very sluggish. It can take a second or more for the action to move up or down in the list. The last time this was happening, I had 1.2-GB of free memory so I don't think it's a memory issue.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Do you use the File->Move Old Data to Archive... feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do you use the File->Move Old Data to Archive... feature?
I have used it in the past but it doesn't seem to help significantly.

How many applications do you have running and what are they usually? I'm a believer that a Mac should have 8 GB of RAM to run multiple power using apps like OmniFocus smoothly.

Sometimes quitting and restarting a program helps with responsiveness. There have been a few times when OmniFocus was sluggish and I've had to restart it to get some responsiveness back.

I don't know if this matters but maybe you have a lot of large attachments connected to your tasks? I know large file attachments can slow down syncing but I'm not sure about it slowing down the database.

RobertF57 - if you contact our support ninjas via email, we can gather some information about what's going on and help. Sorry for the trouble!