The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOLVED: iphone items NOT syncing to mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using mobile me.

When I add items to the inbox on my mac and sync, only some of the items transfer to the iphone. I have no idea why some do and some do not...

When I add items to the iphone none of them update to the mac.

I am using the latest build as if this morning.

I've since installed OF on my macbook, ( previously I was working from an imac) and the macbook version syncs up fine.

I've tried to delete OF files off of my imac to and reinstalling, but it came back with all of the same data that it had before.

Is there an uninstall option? I figure if I can start fresh it may work properly.

Deleting OmniFocus.ofocus from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus should be enough to reset everything.

To get an extra-clean start, you could do the following:
1) Make sure your macbook has all your current data, no changes on your iPhone waiting to be synced over.
2) Move aside or delete the OmniFocus.ofocus file on your iDisk.
3) Reset the database on your phone
4) Move aside or delete the OmniFocus.ofocus file on your iMac.
5) Sync from your MacBook OmniFocus to MobileMe
6) Sync your iPhone OmniFocus to MobileMe
7) Sync your iMac OmniFocus to MobileMe
This problem is affecting me nearly every day. While at work away from my mac, I check items off as complete, add new ones to the inbox, and add new projects etc... When I get home, I sync using MobileMe. After launching and syncing with my desktop, none of the new items appear, and none of the items I completed while I was away are marked as complete on the desktop.

When reviewing the iphone, everything remains current.

To troubleshoot, I reset my database on my phone, and then re-synced with my data on MobileMe. When I did this, everything in my iPhone matched the desktop.

In other words, it appears this problem is actually with the iPhone... it says it synced to MobileMe, but the file on the server still contains the old data...
masoric: It's really hard to tell here exactly what's going on. Please email with this information and we'll work from there. (If you could put your forum user name in the subject line, that will help us quickly connect that email with this post.)
With no response in 5 days, I'll assume my suggestions above worked for Devo777.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The challenge of syncing OmniOutliner—solved! Ken Case OmniOutliner for iPad 51 2013-04-10 10:28 AM
>20MB OmniFocus File (4779 items) [SOLVED: iPhone hadn't synced] DamonC OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2009-05-15 01:32 PM
[SOLVED] new update gives me eternal syncing DonLivingston OmniFocus Syncing 27 2008-09-04 07:23 AM
SOLVED: Not syncing from iPhone > iDisk > Mac Roll OmniFocus for iPhone 13 2008-07-27 09:04 AM
Items with Context not syncing from Iphone to desktop Tetsugaku-San OmniFocus for iPhone 0 2008-07-20 09:50 AM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.