The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Where are templates stored? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In what folder can I find OO templates? When I select File:New From Template, my custom templates do not appear. They are in ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/Templates ... but I can't access them from the app. Also, I can't find the folder holding the templates that ARE offered to me from the File menu.

I don't have OO4, but OO3 custom templates are in the following directory.

~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner/Templates/

I see you do not have the "OmniOutliner" in the file path you posted — maybe this is what is missing in viewing your templates from within the application.

This seems to have changed on OO4. And I can find my custom templates ... but the default templates are nowhere to be found, and that's what the File/New menu prompts. Where they are, I have no idea.

OmniOutliner 4 is sandboxed so the application support folder is located in a different location - ~/Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniOutliner

We're planning on adding new UI to manage templates and clippings so you don't need to remember this path.

Thanks - the new UI to manage templates will be VERY helpful.

These don’t appear to be located in that location. Can someone help me find these?