The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Import AdBlock Plus filters? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey guys,

OmniWeb's adblocking is good but has there ever been any discussion to allow importing of AdBlock Plus filters? Their filter list is so huge and comprehensive it would really kick ass if we could use them in OmniWeb.

Has this been discussed before?

Yup, add your vote to the feature request by sending an e-mail directly to OmniGroup using the Help>Send Feedback option.

I wrote a small perl script that will at least translate the lines in a filterset.g file to regular expressions you can enter into the OW filtering preferences.

See here for the "manual" ;-) and the link: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...4&postcount=10

It's only a small hack, though, and not very convenient, of course.

Hey zottel,

Any chance you script is still available?

Thanks,

Oh, it still is. But this link points to a DynDNS entry that points to my home Mac, which is not always on anymore. :-)

It will always work between 12am and 3am CET (DST, atm), and I will leave the Mac on for some days now.

Best regards,

Christian

Hey man,

Mind zipping it up and messaging this to me? We just don't seem to be online at the same time and I'd really like to see it.

Cheers!

Huh? Since my last post the Mac was online 24h/day ... ?

Anyway; sure, just send me your email address by PM and I will mail you the script (can't attach anything but an image to a PM as far as I can see).

Best regards,

Christian

Actually, no matter when since you posted that have I once been able to connect to try it out. I would assume since he mentioned not being on at the same time, he's had the same issue. I was going to grab it just to see how well it did; mostly just because I was curious, but the link always 404's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbell View Post
Hey guys,

OmniWeb's adblocking is good but has there ever been any discussion to allow importing of AdBlock Plus filters? Their filter list is so huge and comprehensive it would really kick ass if we could use them in OmniWeb.

Has this been discussed before?
Here's the plugin to do this for you.