The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do you know when to act on your action items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
The quick entry window, for example, let’s me input due dates but not start dates.
Use the gear menu in the bottom-left corner of the QE window to turn on the start date column.

Cheers,

Curt

Curt

awesome, I thought there had to be a way to do that but I wasn’t finding it, didn’t even notice that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeEs View Post
With the inbetween stuff - I divide it at the beginning of the projects list in the sidebar into "Upcoming/urgent projects", "ongoing (long term) projects" and "backburner projects" -- these each have folders and are separated from the actual list of projects by type. Each of these projects within any of the three categories, of course, also has a place in my life, and so it appears it two places -- a dummy project appears in one of the three lists if it applies, and then I put a link to where all the info for the project resides in my actual database. That way I have an easy way to see what needs to be done every day, and if I want to see the actions that have to be taken, I can click on the link and go to the actual project.
ReeSe,

Could you elaborate on how you administer your system. I have been thinking about doing something similar with my OF. Right now I move the entire project into a "Current" folder (although I like your three-tier system).

I know how to make a link between to a task/project, but it seems it would be rather time consuming/clumsy to make a dummy project then add a link. Do you have a system or script to do it? Are your "dummy" projects actual projects or do you keep them in an single action list?

Thanks,
Eric