The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the status of OmniOutliner for iPad? [A: Now available on App Store!] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
FYI, TextExpander support has just been added to the iPad Outliner app...
I was momentarily confused, then I realized this meant Carbonfin Outliner for iPad, not OmniOutliner. :-)

We do have a feature request open on TextExpander support in OmniOutliner for iPad; as always, email the support ninjas and let them know what you need.

(This isn't a promise that we'll get that feature in there for the initial release; I'm just saying that you shouldn't let the fact that the app hasn't been released yet stop you from letting us know what you'd like to see in it.)

Last edited by Brian; 2011-04-07 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: add the quote I was referencing in my first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I was momentarily confused, then I realized this meant Carbonfin Outliner for iPad, not OmniOutliner. :-)

We do have a feature request open on TextExpander support in OmniOutliner for iPad; as always, email the support ninjas and let them know what you need.

(This isn't a promise that we'll get that feature in there for the initial release; I'm just saying that you shouldn't let the fact that the app hasn't been released yet stop you from letting us know what you'd like to see in it.)
Thanks Brian, I do know you guys are working hard, etc., however, don't worry, I absolutely won't get my hopes up that you might integrate TextExpander to OO Touch or OF Touch anytime soon: last time I asked, you said it was one of the more frequently requested features. That was last December. (Yes, there is more than a slight disappointment in my tone.)

This whole thing saddens me. It's been over a year of users begging for OO on the iPad, and then I look through this new thread started by Ken to address the issue, and half the comments reference competitors' products!

I guess Knowledge Management apps are going the way of 45s and Usenet.

OmniOutliner for iPad has been submitted to the App Store, and is now waiting for Apple's review! (Screenshots, etc., coming soon…)

It was difficult not mentioning how close it was :-)

What great news!

I'm excited! (I must get out more....).

Does omnioutliner for ipad allow for the use of the tab key to change levels of the outline using a bluetooth keyboard?

Yes, if you have a 1 column outline. For a multiple column outline, it jumps to the next column; I haven't figured out if there's a way to control the behavior like there is on the Mac. There are a pair of buttons onscreen that move things up and down a level. Unfortunately, the keyboard shortcuts from the Mac app to do things like add a child row don't work, which may require some of us to learn some new tricks!

Just curious if after OmniOutliner for iPad is installed, if OO documents will be viewable with the iOS Quick Look (e.g. an attachment in an email) or must that functionality be added by Apple to the iOS?