The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anybody built for iPhone successfully? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've downloaded the source and read all I can find with the Google, but still having difficulty building ODO for the iPhone.

I read both http://blog.omnigroup.com/2008/10/01...-applications/

and

http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/arc...er/000013.html

I tried adding those files to a new project and building but there still seem to be a number of other dependencies in the current github code.

Any progress by Omni or others on that sample iPhone project?

I'm just wondering if there's something I can do before I go hack-and-slash in the code to try to get it to build.

thanks,

robb

There is a sample iPhone app (just build configuration, really) in OmniDataObjects/Tests/iPhone/SampleApp. If you find things that are stumbling blocks, it would be interesting to hear about them and how you eventually solved them.

d'oh. I guess I should have dug deeper. Started from the main project files and didn't look down in the file system.

the sample built on first try, now I'll try integrating into my app.

Thanks for the quick reply! sorry for the bozo question :)

PS. A mention of this sample app in the readme might help others with my particular tunnel-vision.

The SampleApp project compiles easily and fast. Thanks for the tip!

However, I am trying to use OmniNetworking and add the following command to the SampleApp project:
ONTCPSocket *mySocket = [ONTCPSocket tcpSocket];

To add OmniNetworking, I went to Project -> Add To Project and selected the Frameworks/OmniNetworking project.

Now, I'm getting 200+ errors starting with "OmniBase/OmniBase.h: No such file or directory". It looks like adding all files from the OmniNetworking directory might be a mistake, but I'm not sure which files to add, which ones to skip and what other modifications are necessary to compile OmniNetworking for an iPhone app.

Please HELP!!!

Thanks,
John

We've not used OmniNetworking on the phone, rather we use the built-in networking classes. In fact, we don't use OmniNetworking much on the Mac at this point, it's still included in the distribution since we've not fully stopped using it. It needs a fair bit of love (like being NSError-ified, and possibly hooking it into the runloop).

Still, it's likely possible to get it to build by following the same header-copying strategy that is used for the other frameworks in SampleApp.