The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mouse editing disabled in RC1? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In OP RC1, I cannot edit any of the bars in GANTT chart with the mouse, as I cannot edit values in the outline section. I can edit the values in the inspectors, though. Essentially, it looks like my formerly generated document (in the betas) is now read-only, except for edits in the inspectors.

Any ideas?

Oh well,

1. loaded document. RC1 unlicensed => read-only.
2. licensed OP with RC1 key => document stayed read-only (at least, partially).

Closing and re-opening it after entering the license made it editable again.

Probably it's more a bug that I could edit it with the inspectors in read-only state, which should probably not be possible if the document was loaded as read-only (and shows so in the document window's title bar).

Anyway, problem solved.

-Christian

Did the plan you were editing have more than 20 tasks? Without a license, you cannot edit a plan with more than 20 tasks. Plans with fewer than 20 tasks should work fine.

Which fields were you able to edit in the inspectors when the document was in a read-only state?

Michelle
OmniQA

The plan had more than 20 tasks.

I was able to edit the actual end time and date of single tasks in Task:Information (didn't try any others).

-Christian