The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do you manage multiple projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks very much!

That Applescript was only used for earlier versions of OmniPlan. The reason for the Applescript was to help preserve resource assignments on tasks when merging multiple projects because copying/pasting would forget about them.

In more recent versions of OmniPlan (including 1.6.4), copy/paste will preserve the resource assignments and merge duplicate resources if they're named exactly the same, so the Applescript isn't needed anymore.

Add me to the list as another user who would like multi-project functionality, please.

Is there any progress about the multiple projects dashboard? The first post in this thread dated back to 2+ years ago.

This should be obvious but I cannot work out how you do this?

I can create a new Project and add the Tasks, but how do I add another Project with drop down tasks as I need to manage multiple projects in the same timeline?

Bluefusion, I'm going to move your question to an existing thread which should have some info that's helpful. Just wanted to give you a heads-up before I did so. :-)

2.0 / Dashboard status, please? I'm sitting in a giant collaborative meeting at work right now, and we are searching for a solution...

Add me to the list as another user who would like multi-project functionality, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec View Post
please add me as well.
Just bought OmniPlan and now I need to start copying the content

Thanks in advance,
Jack