The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Visio stencils appearing in 'File -> Open Recent' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have imported several Visio .vss stencils. This works fine, however if I start OmniGraffle and try to open a recent file, the list of recent files is clogged by all the visio stencils I used in the last session. I don't want to see these files in the Open Recent menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	og.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	699  

This is a side effect of OmniGraffle opening the Visio stencils even if they are installed in Application Support. I'll file a bug against this, however in the meantime if you edit said stencils and save them as OmniGraffle stencils this problem should go away.

I'll try that. Thanks Joel.

This does only work for visio stencils without the metafile enhancement (graphics). If I try to save these stencils in OG the graphic content gets lost.

oblomow, is this using OmniGraffle Professional 5.1? It should have support for the EMF format.

Yes OG Pro 5.1 beta 1
Opening the vss stencils and using them works great. But editing the 'copy of the stencil' and saving it make it lose the graphic data.

this is the file: http://www.visiocafe.com/downloads/vsdfx/VSDfx-3D.zip

Last edited by oblomow; 2008-09-10 at 10:59 AM..

Looks like it's working fine and dandy in today's alpha build, keep an eye peeled for the beta 2 release of OmniGraffle 5.1, should be happening very soon.

Great. I'll raise a glass to you and the other fine people at Omi. (Marius 2004 reserva btw..)

Last edited by oblomow; 2008-09-10 at 11:59 AM..

And solved in 5.1 beta 2. Thanks!