The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendering ala scrybe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://www.iscrybe.com/

Watching the product video made me think of Omni, specifically OmniFu. I know that there is likely to be iCal integration, but I wonder if Omni would be willing to go whole hog and make their own calendering system, kind of like scrybe's. iCal integration would be needed to avoid forcing people into OmniFu or for those who take advantage of iCal's publishing or whatever, but scrybe seems to be a combination of what I want from OmniFu and DevonThink.

Any chance of that?

iCal is an implementation of iCalendar—an open standard (RFC 2445) for calendar data exchange. There are lots of other implementations so I'd assume that iCal integration would come first but that wouldn't preclude links to other clients or having a built-in function. I'd be very surprised if Scrybe wasn't able to exchange data with iCal anyway.

Backpack from 37signals now has a calendar which talks iCalendar, and since I'm a Backpack user my vote would go for integration with Backpack. Scrybe does look very slick though.

Scrybe looks to be a incredible product, well beyond the basic organizer.