The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easily Entering Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In GTD anything with more than one step (next action) is a project and the creation of a project and the first or many next actions is a very common task.

Right now in kGTD if you have a next action, but not a project, you have to first create one, sync and then select the project for the next action (yes, you can do it with the scripts easier).

Also, in kGTD, the re-ordering of next actions is a little clumsy. I seem to always have to hit just the right spot with my mouse to drag and drop it up in the project and most of the times it becomes a sub action.

Feature Request for OmniFocus:
- Creating a Project is easy and assigned to key stroke.
- As soon as you create an project you can instantly assign next actions to it
- The ability to turn a next action into a project easily
- The ability to use the keyboard to move next actions up and down in the list easily. (SHIFT + CTL + ARROW)

Again that flow into Next actions and projects should be fast so I don't hesitate creating them.

BZ