The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New message from Ethan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guy's got some news regards kGTD/OF from Ethan himself today. (over on the Kinkless forums)

This was the thread:

Will we see another version of Kinkless? Is it over/alive for short term/continue to be improved forever more?

What about a Christmas edition Ethan?

If it is over, then it’s been great using and knowing Kinkless and it may even remain the best solution in long term in it’s present state anyway. So thanks Ethan.

What I’m generally asking is… what do we know/speculate with regards to a kinkless future. Be great if Ethan himself could comment aswell (crossed fingers).

K.N. x

Ethan said,

I’ll put a post up on the front page on this as well. Essentially: if OmniFocus looks like it will be longer than a certain time frame for full release, then I’ll put more effort into a Kinkless revision. If, however, an OmniFocus public beta shapes up sooner rather than later, then I’d rather see you all using that. It’s going to be better than kGTD while subsuming its main functions. We’re conferencing calling (almost) every week, and the OmniCrew is really making huge strides in the functionality of OF, so it may be the latter.

I live kGTD as a user as well, so if it looks like I’ll be waiting for OF longer than I can endure kGTD’s bugs, then I’ll scramble to get something done. Otherwise it’s OF to the rescue :)

kelsangnorbu said,

Thank you Ethan, I really appreciate the quick reply on this. There is some wonderful news in your post for all of us. Sounds like OF is on track to being something special, even at first release. ‘Subsuming’ - thats gonna get us all curious. I guess now Omniplan is shipping things can move along easier for OF.

Big ta, Norbu.

Thanks for the information :)

Thanks for sharing this bit. it will help me hang on a little longer. (I was recently tempted by ActionTastic.)