The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to change color of one item in Utility Drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've created a spcial "project" called @Goals that I'd like to color green or yellow in the Utility Drawer. How do I do this? I managed to change it's color once, but then it was lost after sync, and now I can't figure out how to do it again?

I want the color different in the Utility Drawer, not just the headline in the project detail section. I found something about this on Kinkless.com, but the instructions didn't work for this case - I'm only changing a single project, not a style.

TIA,
Derek

Hi, Derek
You need to turn on *Retain user created named styles on rows (slower)* in the settings and then set up a Custom style in the list at the bottom of the Utility drawer. You could call it Special Project. In the Appearance Inspector (CMD-1), select the colors and text formats that you want it to have (I use background colors for this a lot). Then, in the Projects section, select the tasks that you want to have this style and drag the style from the Utility drawer list onto the selected tasks. It doesn't work to just set the style on the project list -- that won't get inhereited by the tasks under the Project unfortunately. So you have to select the individual tasks and apply the style.
In general, this kind of question should be directed to the omnioutliner-kinkless forum or the discussion forum on kinkless.com.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip, but this doesn't seem to work on the Utility Drawer. I was able to change the color to the project name in the main body pane, but the Utility Drawer is the same as usual.

That's why I asked it here instead of other dsicussion groups. I can't find any info anywhere about how to change the color of items displayed in the Utility Drawer, and that seems relevant beyond kGTD.

Derek, I'm moving my response to the Kinkless.com forum.

Paul

Last edited by Paul; 2006-12-29 at 09:20 PM..

The Kinkless.com link points to this same thread.

Sorry about the self-referential link. Try the Kinkless.com forum.