The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please call it OmniFu. Seriously. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus is fine and all, but doesn't ring out like OmniFu does. OmniFu is a name that ticks with people and we all know that GTD is all about getting your fu on.

You know, it's weird & stupid, but I like it. I second the motion. We all know Omni does some superior wizardry when it comes to their programs. And OmniFu reminds me of those kung fu movies where warriors are walking up bamboo trees.

You know, I can write OmniFu. Saying it out loud, though... whole different dynamic.

I don't care what they call it as long as it rocks!

BZ

It's Omni. How could it not rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum member
It's Omni. How could it not rock?
I was not Dazzled out of cash for OmniDazzle nor could I make a plan for OmniPlan. :)

BZ

You have a point.

Really, just because some people (ie. the Omni Group top bods) are taking a little longer to get into the name OmniFu than we are, doesn't mean that we have to listen to them. Just keep calling it OmniFu (for that be its name) and the name will change. Omni employees who don't like OmniFoc-arse (sic) can also just repeatedly call it OmniFu in the office, label their files with it and (eventually) the head bods will start to see how easily it slips off the tongue and give in.

People power. Wonderful when it is working for you.

I can't wait for OmniFu. I hope they finish it soon. I've downloaded all these other GTD apps (EasyTask, ActionTask, Ghost, Midnight Inbox), but I don't even try to play with them anymore 'cuz OmniFu is coming.

Really. :)