The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keep 100% of kGTD Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The more I learn kGTD and the more I use it the more I realize how powerful it is.

Please, OmniDudes, make sure to keep 100% of the power of kGTD in your new product for version 1.0. It would be very hard to go from kGTD to OmniFocus if it was missing things we had all grown very accustom to.

Off the top of my head:
- iCal syncing
- Re-occuring events
- Quicksilver integration
- Context/Project views

A great NEW feature would be to add a view of one project for better focus. Right now, you see all projects, but it would be nice to see a view of only one project at a time so you can focus on that.

Adding to that, how about links to OmniGraffle mind maps. David Allen is BIG on mind maps, it would be great to be able to hook up OmniGraffle documents, or link them for easy jumping back and forth.

BZ

BZ-

Are you familiar with the "Hoist" function in OO? It lets you focus down to a single chunk of items. In the case of using KGTD it will show a single project at once. It's in the View menu. Not an intuitive name, but I guess it's the "term of art" in outliners.

Adam

I just double-click a project name in the utilities tab to focus on it.

I think a good Implementation of what BwanaZulia is trying to say is a tagging system such as one in a TiddlyWiki. Now I may have drank the Web2.0 kool-aid, but I think Tagging is a really great implmentation of this.
Say that I haven't worked on music in awhile, I click on the music tag and all my projects tagged music will only appear.