The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Where do Calendar Events in the Forecast come from? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the Forecast View, but I'm having an annoying problem. I have old and duplicate events that I have removed from my iCloud iCal calendars that still show up in the Forecast View in OmniFocus for iPhone. I'm pretty sure I've also removed these from my Mac and my iPhone (my only iCal devices), although I may not be completely understanding the interaction between iCal events on my: iPhone, Mac, iCloud, and OmniFocus for iPhone. So I am wondering where OmniFocus for iPhone looks to find iCal events for the Forecast view, so I can go try to remove those old/duplicate events from that source. Or is there a way to clear out existing events from OmniFocus so that I can re-fetch only the valid ones from iCloud? How does that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspeed View Post
I love the Forecast View, but I'm having an annoying problem. I have old and duplicate events that I have removed from my iCloud iCal calendars that still show up in the Forecast View in OmniFocus for iPhone. I'm pretty sure I've also removed these from my Mac and my iPhone (my only iCal devices), although I may not be completely understanding the interaction between iCal events on my: iPhone, Mac, iCloud, and OmniFocus for iPhone. So I am wondering where OmniFocus for iPhone looks to find iCal events for the Forecast view, so I can go try to remove those old/duplicate events from that source. Or is there a way to clear out existing events from OmniFocus so that I can re-fetch only the valid ones from iCloud? How does that work?
Have you fired up iCal on the iPhone recently? I think it's the only way the stuff can be fetched from the server… if I don't regularly fire up the calendar on the phone, the stuff that shows in OmniFocus is out of date.

Thanks for the response. That doesn't seem to help. I also tried restarting both iCal and OmniFocus on my iPhone and that didn't make a difference either.

Somewhat similarly, I have calendars that I'm subscribed to on my iPhone, but choose not always to display within iCal. These calendars always show up in the Forecast view and crowd out my own events. Is there a method for removing/suppressing selected calendars from the Forecast view?

Of course, immediately upon posting my previous message I located the screen where I can, in fact, do exactly what I was looking for. Sorry for the spam.

I love the fact that old threads are still visible!

I was having the same problem as ericpsmith.

In my case, I had published my OmniFocus 'due' calendar, and was seeing items with due dates twice within OmniFocus - once as an OmniFocus task, and again as a calendar item. I couldn't figure out how to hide that calendar, and assumed it wasn't possible.

Then, once I saw his posting (and thank you for following up with it!), I persisted, and found the (fairly well hidden) setting, and solved the problem.