The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripts for calendar and storage Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just shifted from PC to the Apple platform. Until now, I have been using the NetCentric GTD Add-in to Outlook to manage my lists. I have now shifted to OmniFocus. There are 2 functions from the Netcentric Add-in that don't seem ready-made in OmniFocus, and product support suggested I raise the issue here to see if any of the "gurus" have a work around scripting solution for these functions.

1) The Clip O Tron does a great job of clipping entire emails into OmniFocus with a link to the original. Is there a way to automate the moving of the original email to a designated folder for storage? The NetCentric Add In would move the original email to a folder (e.g., @action) when you saved the clipped task. It would be great to set up an automated move to a specified folder that would happen automatically when saving the new OmniFocus item. Or if tht doesn't work, I would like to have a simple keyboard shortcut that would move selected email into a specific storage folder.

2) For email items that pertain to appointments, it would be great to use to clip the email (with a link to the original) into a new Calendar appointment. Any ideas how to make something like that?

Thanks

Dan